Your bachelor party is the time to celebrate your impending marriage and say adios to single life. Not only is this a time of celebration, but it’s also a time to get together with your groomsmen and closest friends to reminisce about the good times you spent together while single.
A nostalgic and celebratory experience shouldn’t be thrown together last minute. Sure, it may not be planned as extensively as your wedding, but if you want a fantastic itinerary, you’ll need to put some thought into it.
Just be sure you and your guests don’t go broke trying to throw your bash. According to CNBC, more than 1 in 3 millennials have acquired debt to attend a bachelor or bachelorette party. How expensive your bachelor party is will determine how many of your friends actually show up, so choose wisely.
But you already have the wedding and all your other responsibilities to think about. Let’s ease some stress. Check out the list of daytime, nighttime, and traveling bachelor party ideas that are sure to impress your mates and help you enjoy your special day.
Here are 12 daytime activities you and your groomsmen can enjoy for some daytime fun. You don’t have to choose just one. Make a whole itinerary. Don’t go too crazy, though. Nighttime activities are up next, and you’re going to want to save some energy for those.
- Go for a hike on a trail you usually wouldn’t. Getting your blood pumping in a new area is a great way to keep you excited for the wedding.
- Throw a BBQ in your backyard. If you have a pool, this will be extra fun for you and your friends. What’s better than grilling and swimming?
- If you’re up for some healthy competition, try paintballing. You’d probably elect your best man as the other team captain. No hard feelings if you lose, though.
- Go on a local brewery tour. Chances are you haven’t been to every brewery in your city. Try to scout out a new beer.
- Take a brewery tour. Many cities around the country are priding themselves on their expansion of craft breweries. While places like Denver and Asheville have become popular, look. Maybe you’ll find Hangar 24 Pugachev’s Cobra Barrel.
- Take a food tour. Do the same thing as you would taking a brewery tour. Again, there’s no way you’ve been to every single restaurant in your city. And on the off chance you have, try a new menu item you wouldn’t usually get.
- Try an Airbnb tour. You can look up the local experiences that are going on and easily book the one that seems the most fun.
- Go rock climbing. Need an adrenaline boost? Try outdoor rock climbing. Want to play it safe? Indoor rock climbing has a lot to offer too.
- Visit a beautiful vineyard. If you and your friends are wine lovers, you’ll enjoy a few hours of bliss eating cheese and drinking wine. Just a quick tip: pair Pinot Noir and Gruyere or Champagne and Brie.
- Go skydiving. If rock climbing isn’t scratching the thrill-seeker in you, maybe jumping out of a plane will.
- Go golfing and spend hours bonding with your groomsman. Reminisce about the single days. And celebrate the days married ahead.
- And to end the thrills, go to a theme park. The loops and drops will give you and your friends the sinking feeling you’re searching for.
The darkness had fallen upon you. The thrills of the day are wearing off, and you’re looking for your next fun adventure to end the day off right. Here are six activities to do just that.
- Go see your favorite singer or band in concert. Dance and sing the night away while listening to songs that bring back memories.
- The best thing to do after day drinking is to drink some more by going on a bar crawl. Maybe you’ll make it for happy hour.
- Eat a fancy dinner at an upscale restaurant. Get served some Cabernet Sauvignon while eating wagyu beef. Caviar on the side? It’s a strange mix, but, hey, it’s your day.
- Strike out and go bowling. You’re bound to have an amazing time with pitchers of beer and great pizza. And if you keep getting strikes, you earn bragging rights the next time you decide to go bowling.
- If you and your friends love board games, whip out the Monopoly and host a game night. Or, if you love card games, Cards Against Humanity is sure to keep everyone entertained.
- Go see a game. Is there a basketball team in your city? Now is the perfect time to score some tickets and cheer on your favorite team.
If you and your buds like traveling, then consider a weekend getaway. This will take the inauguration of married life to a whole new level. We’ll cover four ideas.
Of course, this is a more expensive option, and as mentioned earlier, bachelor parties can cause debt for attendees and the host. So, just make sure you and your groomsmen choose a destination that fits your budget.
- Austin, Texas, offers awesome margaritas, delicious tacos, live music, and an extremely relaxed mood. You can choose to stay at the Hotel San José, which includes a courtyard lounge that serves fantastic cocktails. Eat mouth-watering BBQ in Hill Country and party at The Continental Club.
- The New York Times recommends Reykjavik, Iceland, as your bachelor party destination. It’s a known party location and has five-star boutique hotels with incredible room service. Any one of the main 50 bars and restaurants might still be crowded at 5 a.m. This makes it the perfect bar crawl destination.
- Forbes suggests an adventure in Tuscany, Italy, for amazing wine and luxurious 18-hole golf courses. Attend a hands-on BBQ lesson and a buffet of grilled meats and local cheeses in Chianti at Tenuta Torciano Winery. You can even test drive Ferraris through the Florentine hills.
- And lastly, the obvious choice, Las Vegas. Las Vegas is known for its party-all-night atmosphere. If you’re looking for the opposite of chill and relaxed, then you should choose Vegas. Pool parties with top DJs are the highlight of this experience, along with the best clubs and bars. And don’t forget to stop by the Carnevino. It’s a meat emporium that serves prime beef bathed in steak sauce and rubbed with rosemary.
Your bachelor party is such a special day for you. In just a few months, weeks, days, or even hours (not recommended unless you want to be hungover for your wedding), you’ll be happily married.
Time to kiss single life goodbye as you kiss the love of your life at the altar.
By planning each adventure, you want you and your groomsman to go on, you’re setting yourself up for one of the best times of your life. The best thing about these lists is they include something for just about everyone.
From the thrill seeker to the beer drinker, to the non-drinker, to the concertgoer, you’ll find an activity that suits you and your friends.
And if you decide to book a flight, you’ll experience the amazing sights the world has to offer. What more could you ask for on such a special occasion?
Your bachelor party might be one of the most important parties you’ll ever host, so make sure it’s a good one.