It was probably at a time of desperation. You’ve gone searching in your couch cushions. Or maybe your buddy gives you some random disposable he’s had cooking in the center console of his car all summer. No matter how it happened, we’ve all found ourselves staring at a disposable vape we don’t remember purchasing and wondering: “Can I hit this?”
It’s a great question. One I find myself asking biweekly, if not daily. But maybe a better question to ask when wondering about a questionable disposable vape is, “Should I hit this?”
Do disposable vapes expire?
Yes, disposable vapes expire–no different than milk or motor oil. Over time, the liquid inside the vape pen might start to degrade. That means the flavor could change, and the nicotine strength might not hit as hard.
Most disposable vapes expire in about 1-2 years after being manufactured.
How to tell when a disposable vape has expired?
Here are some signs to look for:
- Check the Packaging: Most legit vapes will have an expiration date on them. Just flip the box or check on the vape itself.
- Flavor’s Off: If you’re puffing and the flavor tastes stale or just off, chances are it’s past its prime. Trust your instincts.
- Weak Hits: Not getting the same buzz or a weaker cloud can be a sign that something’s changed. Could be the vape juice has degraded, or the battery’s running low.
- Liquid Discoloration: If the liquid looks darker than it should or has a different consistency, you might want to toss it.
Can you use an expired disposable vape?
I mean, you can wear socks with sandals, but c’mon. Then again, if you’re determined enough to do anything, I won’t be able to stop you. But I wouldn’t recommend using an expired vape. An expired vape might give you a subpar experience. The flavor can be off, and the hit might not be as strong.
What happens if you smoke an expired vape?
Smoking an expired vape isn’t like eating moldy bread. But the experience still won’t be good. The nicotine and flavors can degrade, and you might end up with an unpleasant taste stuck in your mouth. Plus, if the ingredients separated or changed in consistency, it might not vape as smoothly.
Tips for prolonging the life of disposable vapes
While the name of the game is for these vapes to be used and removed, sometimes you want to go on a break from using nicotine or just have a few saved up for later. Here’s how to keep them fresh for longer:
- Store Them Right: Keep your vapes in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Don’t Stockpile: I get it, sales are tempting, but buying too many at once means some might expire before you get to them.
- Use Regularly: Regular use keeps the juice and the battery in better condition. I never have issues with this one.
Just remember: Keep it fresh, keep it cool, and always check expiration dates.
Get a Fresh Vape from Saucey
The best way to solve the problem when you’re not-so-sure about a vape? Just get a fresh one.
Luckily, Saucey offers vape delivery throughout different parts of the country. Check out the website, enter your address to see what’s available in your area, select what you want, and we’ll be at your doorstep in less than an hour.