Chances are, you’re here because you have a Flum Float that died and you just can’t accept that reality. Joking–we can always get behind a thrifty DIY king or queen.
Flum Floats Are, By Nature, Disposable Vapes
Designed for single-use, Flum Float vapes are crafted to deliver an optimized vaping experience until they inevitably die. Their disposable nature ensures that the user doesn’t have to deal with the hassle of refilling or recharging. While these vapes are not crafted with recharging in mind, the vaping community, driven by curiosity and thriftiness, has discovered ways to recharge them.
But it’s important to understand that dabbling in such methods can potentially affect performance or even compromise safety.
Put simply: though it is possible to recharge Flum Floats, it’s not recommended.
How to Recharge a Flum Float
We don’t endorse recharging your Flum Float. But. We’d prefer you know how to recharge a Flum Float properly if you’re going to do it anyways.
- Gather Supplies: You’ll need a micro USB charger, tape, and flathead screwdriver (optional)
- Remove the Battery Cover: Find the small gap between the colored bottom and white mouth piece of your Flum Float. You will detach these pieces from each other to remove the cover and expose the battery. This can be done with a flathead screwdriver or wriggling the mouthpiece back and forth with force.
- Expose the Sensor and Wires: You’ll find a tube with cotton, a battery, and cover. Remove the cover and push the cotton gently with your finger to expose the battery and wires. You will find a red wire (positive) and black wire (negative).
- Wire Connections: Separate the wires. Next, take a standard micro USB charger (like one for an Android phone) and cut the end of it. This will expose similar red and black wires. From here, you will attach the red wire to the red wire, and the black to the black.
- Taping for Stability: Secure the wires together with tape during charging.
- Charging Duration: Initiate charging for 5-10 minutes. Test the device after. If the vapor density isn’t satisfactory, charge for an additional 5 minutes.
Why Would You Want to Recharge a Flum Float?
Many users have reported saving money and getting more from their Flum Float devices by learning how to recharge them.
- You want to use all of the juice: By recharging, some users have found that they can extract more value from the device, tapping into every drop of the vape juice.
- You notice worsened performance: If you’re a light vaper and notice a dip in your Flum Float’s performance, recharging might seem like an appealing option, especially if you’re confident the decline isn’t due to excessive use.
Before charging, be sure to check if the vape has expired.
Opting for a Fresh Flum Float Experience
While recharging offers a glimpse of extended utility, there’s no replacing the experience of a fresh Flum Float. Starting with a new device guarantees optimal performance, eliminates potential safety concerns, and ensures you won’t encounter the dreaded burnt taste that can come from overworking disposable coils.
Our recommendation? Just get a new one. And with Saucey, you can do just that without ever leaving your couch. Enter your address, check out our vape menu, select what you’d like, and we’ll be at your place in less than an hour.
Although Flum Floats are rechargeable, it’s important to remember that you’re ultimately using the device outside of how it was intended.
For consistent quality, safety, and a superior vaping experience, sometimes it’s best to start anew. We’re all for an excuse to grab a fresh vape. And maybe, because you’re interested in a rechargeable option, try checking out the Flum Pebble–a vape from the same brand that’s designed to be charged and last longer.