How to Make a Caramel Apple Spritzer
Spritzers: they’re not just for summer! This Caramel Apple Spritzer is all about autumn, like having a cider donut, but liquid and boozy. Get a bottle of Smirnoff Kissed Caramel and your preferred Prosecco, or Champagne, if you’re trying to impress! We recommend Cook’s Brut if you’re looking for a good sparkling wine at a great price.
If you’re feeling extra-crafty this season, there’s also the option of serving the spritzer inside apples instead of boring old cups. To make an apple cup, just slice off the top of an apple and use a corer to remove the insides, leaving half an inch of fruit at the bottom. To keep the apple flesh from browning (gross) spritz the insides with a little lemon juice. You can decorate the rim by dipping it in melted caramel and cinnamon sugar. Pour the spritzer into the apples, and there you have it: a caramel apple spritzer served in a caramel apple.
Ingredients for caramel apple spritzers
Here’s what you’ll need to make great caramel apple spritzers:
- 2 ½ ounces caramel flavored vodka
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces Prosecco or champagne or enough to fill the glass
- 1 apple wheel cut in two pieces with a slice in the middle to fit on the glass rim
- cinnamon and sugar small amount in a bowl
- cinnamon stick
Caramel apple spritzer recipe
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add vodka and apple cider. Cap shaker and shake for 15 seconds. This part counts as a workout, we promise.
- Wet rim of glass with apple cider and dip it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Yeah, that’s a rim a rapper would brag about.
- Add some ice cubes into the glass. Strain liquid into the glass and top it with Prosecco. Garnish the glass with the sliced apple and cinnamon stick. Bonus points if you use the cinnamon stick as a straw.
Ta-dah! You have all the flavors of a weekend day trip to the cider mill. And you didn’t have to leave your home or pretend that picking apples is a fun activity instead of free farm labor. How bout them apples?