How to make Cranberry Jell-O Shots
You might think it’s impossible for Jell-O shots to be classy, but you would be wrong. These cranberry Jell-O shots are a fancy little fall treat that is super easy to make. It’s like if the canned cranberry jelly from Thanksgiving dinner could get you tipsy. All you need is vodka, Jell-O mix, fresh cranberries and a little sugar. Serve them up to the fam as a Thanksgiving aperitif to earn the award for Coolest Cousin of the Year. The sugar-coated cranberry garnish is optional, but they do make a sweet and crunchy chaser.
You can also make kid-friendly versions by pouring some of the Jell-O liquid into the cups before mixing in the vodka. Help your kid nephew safely practice the skills he’ll need to party hard in college by teaching him how to shoot the shot. What else are uncles and aunties for than to teach you all the things your parents wouldn’t want you to know?
Ingredients for cranberry Jell-O shots:
Here’s all you’ll need to make cranberry Jell-O shots to take your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving to the next level.
- 2 (3.4-oz) packets cranberry flavored Jell-O
- 1 c. vodka*
- *Try a flavored vodka to jazz things up
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
Cranberry Jell-O shots recipe:
1. Make the garnish. In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves completely. Let cool 20 minutes, then mix in cranberries until coated. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberries, tapping away any excess syrup, into a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining 1 cup sugar, seal, and shake until cranberries are completely coated. Spread out cranberries on a baking sheet and refrigerate until cranberries are completely cool and sugar hardens, 25 minutes.
2. Make the Jell-O. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add Jell-O mix and whisk until completely dissolved, then remove from heat and stir in vodka and 1 cup cold water. Let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Prepare to be served (an awesome Jell-O shot). Place 18 plastic shot glasses on a baking sheet and pour in Jell-O mixture until each is 2/3 full. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Top each shot with 1 or 2 sugared cranberries.
Slurp down the Jell-O and then bite into the candied cranberries once you start to taste the vodka. The sour-sweetness overpowers any harsh alcohol taste. Now you’re ready to get jiggly with it.
Get the ingredients delivered on Saucey
Check out our shop page to see what’s available in your area. With a large selection of vodka, snacks, and mixers, there’s a good chance Saucey will come in handy the next time you make a new cocktail.