I just had an emergency meeting with St. Patrick himself, and he said, “it’s drinking time” while proceeding to do a little leprechaun dance. I’m just the messenger, but it looks like we have to abide.
Whether you’re Irish or just along for the ride, you should prepare for a lot of fun and several hefty cocktails. Why not take matters into your own hands and get creative in the kitchen with some Baileys-infused treats? After all, Baileys is the way of the land. Whether you’re a fan of sweet, chocolatey drinks or prefer something straight up, we got you. From a classic Baileys Shake to an actual Baileys cake pop, these recipes will surely bring out the Irish in you for the day. Grab those dancing shoes, and let’s get ready to party like it’s 1776.
This creamy and delicious drink is perfect for those who prefer their cocktails on the sweeter side. It’s easy to make, and you only need four ingredients.
- 3 oz Milk
- 2 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 ½ oz Bailys Deliciously Light or Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- In a blender, add 3 oz of milk, 2 scoops of ice cream, and 1 ½ oz of Baileys Irish Cream.
- Blend the ingredients until mixed.
- Pour chocolate syrup into a tall glass.
- Pour shake into the glass.
- Add more chocolate syrup to the top.
This drink is perfect for those who prefer a quick, simple cocktail with a little caffeine boost.
- 2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 oz Hot coffee
- 1 oz Irish whisky
- Whipped cream (if you’re feeling fancy)
- Fill a glass Baileys Irish Cream, 6 oz of coffee, and 1 oz Irish whiskey.
- Add whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
Baileys x Guinness Cake Pops
These little treats are the perfect combination of rich, chocolatey goodness and a touch of Baileys. With a little practice, you can perfect these in no time.
Ingredients for the cake
- 1 ¼ cup Guinness
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttercream frosting, prepared
- 24 cake pop sticks
Ingredients for icing
- ⅓ cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 12 oz of white chocolate melting chips
- Chocolate drizzle (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Substitute Guinness for water in the box instruction.
- Bake Guinness cake according to box instructions. Let the cake completely cool.
- Loosely crumble the cake, add into a stand mixer, and add 1 cup of buttercream frosting. Using the paddle attachment, mix until combined. (The texture should resemble wet sand)
- Using a small scoop (1.5 in), portion out cake balls with a scooper and roll them into a ball shape. Place the cake pop stick in the center of the cake ball. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Baileys Original Irish Cream white chocolate coating by combining Baileys and white chocolate melting chips in a microwavable dish and microwave on ½ power for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Repeat just until the chocolate has achieved a thin consistency.
- Dip chilled cake pops in the Baileys white chocolate coating and garnish as desired with chocolate drizzle, colored sprinkles, etc.
- Let the cake pops exterior harden completely before serving.
- Eat up.
St. Patrick’s Day is a time for laughter, joy, and a good drink. So, why not raise a glass (or two) to the luck of the Irish and your outstanding cocktail-making skills? All three of these drinks are sure to bring an accomplished smile to your face and a jig to your step. Gather your friends, break out the green berets, and get ready to celebrate the ultimate Irish holiday. No matter which drinks you choose, make sure to enjoy them responsibly. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Sláinte.